Monday, October 11, 2010

How Shoes View Women by Evan Williams

The last two months have been unbearable. All I think about is her and all I want to do is be with her every moment. I want to spend each day with her and I want to feel wanted again. She doesn't want me anymore. She's moved on, yet she won't let me go. The problem is if she keeps me much longer, then no one will want me. I will be too old, beat up, used...people will find something new and fresh...I am worthless.

It wasn't always like this between us. I remember the first time we saw each other. She just gazed at me, but it was just a gaze. She loved me then. She needed to have me. I could see how much she wanted me...how much she needed me. It was like standing on a double-rainbow that never ends. She has always been impulsive, especially when it comes to my kind. She sees what she wants, and she gets it. Not me though, I was special. The first time, we just looked at each other. I didn't know if I would ever see her again. A week later, she appeared again. This time, I tried to make myself more visible. The light glimmered off my elegance and I knew tonight was the tonight.

I went home with her. It was the most amazing Saturday night I have ever had. We were together every moment that night. We danced the night away with friends and we were...inseparable. Hours felt like minutes. Minutes felt like seconds. It was our first time together, but for that night, we both knew it was meant to be forever. We went home that night. We made our way to the bedroom and she laid me down so softly. She smiled for a moment as she caressed me and gave me a luck of appreciation and assurance. After that, the night ended.

Something changed the next day. She ignored me. She just pushed me away, as if I didn't exist to her. I didn't do anything wrong, yet I felt so inadequate. We have been living together now, yet she never looks at me. She has a lot more friends now. I can tell she likes them more than me. She is promiscuous...a different pair of friends every weekend to go out with. It hurts. And sometimes, I am beside myself, alone in the dark, and feel irrelevant.

She has looked at me a couple of times, but is always dismissive, choosing her new friends over me. I was just a fad to her, a one-night stand, something of the past.

I know I have lost her. Last week, she had a girlfriend over. They were both hysterical about this new place they found, where everyone there was cheap and easy to get. They were frantic. Giggling, laughing, and comparing notes on who they'll get next time. They use us. We are only good for a short time, then it is on to the next.

She is gone forever and I am alone. My life is almost over. Soon, I will perish and never be remembered. I wish I would have never met her, but I'm sure any other woman would have treated me the same way.

1 comment:

Cristina1225 said...

There are shoes that are so special you only use em for very special occasions...keeping and not using em does not always mean abandonment nor unliking. I have one or two of that kind :)